Sunday 14 October 2018

Battlefront UK visit

Whilst I was staying in Long Eaton, I decided to  kill some time by going to visit Battlefront UK. Imagine my surprise when I found out that it was in Beeston and not near GW in Nottingham, making a lot more closer then I thought.

As I arrived I was unsure whether I was at the right place as there was very little signage. I pressed the bell to gain entrance and tentively asked if I was at the right place for the Gaming centre and shop, and was reassured that I was indeed at the right place. I was shown upstairs into the Gaming centre to the cries of we have a customer and received a very warm welcome.

View of the Gaming area and shop. If you are thinking that you will find the blisters of old, you will be disappointed as they are now long gone, although I did notice that the on line shop still does them.
I was shown the products on display and talked at length about NAM and FOAN, whist they were rooting out some blisters I needed for my NAM ANZAC project.  I found the staff to be helpful and happy to listen to what you had to say. Unfortunately the new Team Yankee products that I had read would be on display were not, these had been delayed by a few weeks and had not long arrived, not even giving the staff enough time to look at them themselves.

A few of the old books on display, they are still setting up the shop so expect a few changes.
 
 
The goodies on display are what you would expect to see in your local game stockist, so don't expect anything out of the ordinary. They also had a smattering of Gale force products from the various ranges. Battle field in a Box products were thin on the ground, a smattering of D&D, some Star trek and a little bit of Firefly.  They did have some great looking armies on display and the D&D stuff in the cabinet were beautifully painted. Although I do think that they should also stock the blisters for the older ranges as a direct buy only.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Within the gaming centre as you would expect their are several gaming tables set out for you to use, but mainly on a Thursday evening when they run a gaming club. I am not too sure that you could just turn up on spec to play a game, so suggest you speak to them first. There is also a room set aside with  a table where you can play  board games in peace from us more noisier table top gamers. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Along one wall near the window was a work bench where the staff were assembling armies which were also dotted around the shop on window shelves, book shelves and the odd table hidden in the corner.
 
FOAN what I suspect are Egyptian T55's hiding on the window sill.
 
More Egyptian FOAN T55's.
 
FOAN Syrian T55's with an Israeli force hiding behind it.
 
FOAN Israeli M60's and Centurions lurking on the window sill.
 
This FOW Russian army was so nice I took two pictures, I also just realised I did not take a picture of the German Panzer force (sorry) hiding on the book shelf, although he hadn't finished painting the sole tank commander that was just painted in RAL 7016 so did not deserve to be photographed in any case (Cheeky Smirk) LOL..

All in all, it was a enjoyable trip, short but sweet. Having got what I needed for my ANZAC force, which will be written about later, and hope at some point to join in on the Gaming night.  One thing I did get wind off, is that they will be redoing the FOW WW1 lists into a compendium in line with NAM and FOAN, So I will be looking out for that in the near future.
Thanks
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment