Friday 25 October 2019

Retro Gaming - Necromunda 1995

Necromunda v1 Retro Gaming

The latest retro game to be brought back to life is Games Workshop 1995 Necromunda. A few years back I caught the Necromunda bug and looked to purchase a copy of the original game along with its later expansion Outlanders to which Ebay was the Hero of the day. I also managed to get a few gangs relatively cheap. Back in the day (1995) I had not quite got into the whole Necromunda thing and had only purchased a Cawdor Gang which was promptly painted and without even gracing the table was later sold,  Something I had forgotten about until recently.
A call from a friend and we found ourselves playing a 4 way game, and we got all the rules wrong....LOL, so much for our memories.
Anyways the night of the game came and we met up and set up the table, and realised we all chose different gangs: Houses Eschers, Delaque, Van Saar and my own Orlocks.
 

 
long down the table, Eschers and Orlocks were on the left with the Delaque and Van Saar gangers on the right.

My Gangers ended up facing the House of Van Saar whilst my sisters in battle the House Esher faced the might of House Escher.
Orlock Heavy Stubber  ready to rock and roll
My Gangers moved carefully into positions where they could cover each other and a commanding field of fire. Unfortunately my opponent was also doing the same, so it became a game of cat and mouse, but who would be the cat?
One of my Orlock Juves about to take advantage of a downed Esher gang member.
 On my left the girls of House Escher were not having a good time as they were being cut down by the heavy Stubber of House Delaque. Seeing one of the girls down and lying on top of one of the objectives, one of my Juves decided some easy experience points could be gained by dispatching the Escher and then running off with the Objective.... He didn't count on the heavy Stubber of House Delaque and was soon put down himself.

The other two gangs fight it out.
I was doing quite well, I had knocked a few of the Van Saars to the ground and off the cat walks causing several bottle tests which they passed, and was sneaking around the back of them until that is my leader and a heavy went down.... I subsequently failed my gang bottle test. SO endith our first game, it was not until I got home that I realised we had been playing the whole game wrong, about the only thing we got right was how to shoot, falling and Ammo rolls... OH well maybe we will get it right next time.
Ooops looks bad for both of us.

 Whilst looking around the Internet to ID some of my figures I came across this Gem of a web site, It has the full back catalogue of figures from 1995/96: Citadel Catalogue 1995
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment