Tuesday 18 June 2013

Battlegroup Overlord

Having slowly become disillusioned with Flames of war and the way battlefront is going with this in general I was looking for a new set of rules, and after a conversation with a friend who mentioned how good the Battlegroup rules were I noticed that one of my Dads suppliers for the shop stocked the rules, so I ordered a Overlord Supplement which also came with an A5 Rules Booklet.

At first glance I was really impressed with the quality and appearance of the books and the eye candy within took me back to my Youth and my old collection of 20mm.....Why did I not stay with that scale....DOH!

Besides the fact that it is cheaper than 15mm now if you take Battlefront price hikes and that Skytrex follows them at every turn, I first purchased stuff off these companies many moons ago at £3 each when 20mm stuff was £6 each, now its the other way round....Any ways I am digressing.

The feel and look of the books are inspiring and although the lists are a little confusing at first, it is easy to get to grips with them.
The Rules look simple and not overcomplicated and the special rules are kept to a bear minimum. having read through them, they are a lot easier then the FOW v3 A5 rule book, as the print is easier and has a plain background unlike FOW.

So I can not wait to try these rules out, I just need a willing victim......Now who shall I choose, Dennis or Bill....LOL

Ps. They are defently worth a look at, which is a lot more then I can say about FOW v3 at the moment (Evil Smirk)

No comments:

Post a Comment