Sunday 18 January 2015

Firestorm Planetfall part 2: The Models

 Firestorm Planetfall part 2:  The Models


also see: Firestorm Planet fall - Opening the box

I delayed posting about the models you get ion the Firestorm Planetfall starter set for several reasons, one is I have not had time to photograph them, the second was I was waiting for parts.

So here we go.

The Firestorm Planetfall starter set comes with two opposing forces, The Aquan Prime and the Directorate.  If you read the fluff (As GW fans call it) there is not much to choose from as to who the baddies are but I am guessing the Directorate as they wipe out the unarmed scientists (Ops maybe that's a spoiler alert, lol).
Each set of models are packed separately in a sealed bubble-wrap bag. Numerous small parts needed to complete some of the models are also packed separately from their respective model.  When I unpacked the models and tried to work out what goes where I discovered that I was a few parts missing and one of the hover bases were incorrect.  I duly notified Spartan games who then sent me the replacement parts, and so its happy days.   Again as with the buildings you have to play the guessing game on how to assemble the models as there were no assembly instructions, but then again a quick look at the pictures in the rule and campaign book helps.

With the Aquan's you get a Senda heavy skimmer that also doubles up as transport, 3 medium Lamana skimmers, a Sirsir medium skimmer, 4 scout skimmers, and 6 infantry stands.  all off the Aquan vehicles are hoverer's so have separate bases that either mimic ground depression or have a stud for the model to sit on raising it off its base (How sturdy the models with be is another matter).  The only models needing assembly is the Heavy Skimmer and the infantry.

The Directorate get a  Heavy Crawler, 3 medium crawlers, a recon buggy unit, 2 cyber tanks, a combat carrier, and 6 infantry stands. Very little assembly if any is needed.  All the models come relatively flash free and I am impressed with the crisp casting of these models.

Aquan Prime models unassembled.

Aquan Infantry bases.

Aquans assembled and ready for painting, also in this shot is the Directorate combat carrier (Bottom right).
Directorate models as unpacked.

Oops I forgot to add these to my first picture. More Directorate with the Combat Crawler (Bottom)

Directorate Infantry.

Directorate assembled, the Combat carrier was photographed with the Aquans.

The first run of the starter set also comes with a few objective tokens and  limited edition model of a crashed shuttle, although a card version is also supplied for one of the missions.
Objective tokens and crashed shuttle model.
Once the temperature rises I will get these primed.   I do all my priming outside, as lungfuls of paint fumes in a confined space is not nice or healthy for that matter, and it tends to linger in he shed far too long.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment