Saturday 4 January 2014

The Death of Warhammer, New Beginnings

Sat in my shed for years was an army, Not quite the size it used to be, but an army never the less.
Many moons ago a friend and I shared the contents of a Warhammer Starter set, ME getting the Goblins and him the High Elves, thus started an on off relationship with Warhammer.
Since then my army grew into biblical proportions. My Uncle got the Warhammer bug also and started his own High Elf army and an Arms race started. AT the height of the battles on a 8 foot by 6 foot table we fielded units the size you would never do nowadays, Elven regiments were in 32's, my Goblins went to 72 figure strong with 16 Regiments, 8 spears and 6 Bow armed in the army, the Black Orcs were fielded at over 40 figs a unit. It was the height of Battle magic and we maxed out on the magic items and wizards and shamans. A battle would take us nearly a week to play with over 1500 figures on the table, but then came the decline and fall of my obsession with Warhammer.

Warhammer 40k took over briefly and also went out of control, but that, is another story.

Over the years my Orc and Goblin army slowly was thinned out and was sold off to pay the bills. And a smaller army was kept in reserve, this is again going to be curtailed and rebased for use with the HOTT set of rules.

So Warhammer...Fare well, Look to E(Vil)bay for my surplus, I am leaving Warhammer for the probably the last time.



But below are some pics of my small Orc and Goblin Army before it exits the gaming stage forever...

 Night Goblin Bow armed Regiment

Night Goblin Bow armed Regiment
 
 Stone Trolls

River Trolls 

Orc Regiment 

 Arrow Boyz Orc Regiment

Black Orc champion, Shaman, Goblin Champion 

Night Goblin Champion and Fanatics 

Old school Orc Bolt Thrower 


Night Goblins
 
Ta
Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment